Christmas is almost here and you haven’t started shopping yet? No problem. I’ve got you covered.
To start with, the best gifts aren’t “things”, they are experiences; a way to add to one’s life, bond with a loved one, and grow. So, think about what it is that your recipient loves and let’s get started.
Here’s a list of the best last minute gifts – and they won’t get thrown away or broken.
- If they are the daring or thrill seeking type, take them skydiving. Want to add on a bonus? Tell them you will have the whole thing recorded! That way they can relive the excitement over and over.
- See how smart you both are (or a group) and try to find your way out of an escape room. They are very popular nowadays, so you are bound to have one in your town or at least close by.
- Is your recipient into more laid back, slower paced activities? Something more intellectually stimulating? Then how about an annual pass to a museum, art gallery or science center?
- Are sports more their thing? Tickets to watch their favorite team play live are always well received.
- For the young or young at heart, you can get season passes for a local theme park or water park. Hours of fun, again and again.
- If your loved one is very community minded and always giving to others, how about a bench with a plaque that has been engraved (message of your choice) and donated to the city? Perhaps there is a park that you and yours walk, ride or hike through that could use a resting spot.
7. Staying with the generous minded, loving individuals, if they happen to be an animal lover, you can sponsor an animal in their name. Whether its a local animal shelter or sponsoring an elephant in Africa, helping save the life of an animal is a wonderful gift. Check out https://worldwildlife.org if this is of interest to you.
8. Back to the adventure: how about zip lining? Tons of fun, and yet safe for the cautious type. I do recommend going “superman” style.
9. Looking for something more romantic? How about a weekend at a Bed & Breakfast? It’s quiet, peaceful and romantic, plus no cooking or cleaning.
10. Ever gone on a train ride? There is a dinner on a train (can be romantic), rides to destination points or even as simple as a relaxing train ride through a beautiful countryside.
11. If you’re looking for something more to do with nature, than how about a camping trip? Commune with nature, getaway from the stress of everyday life, and spend some quality time together.
12. Have a hard working person who never takes the time to pamper herself or himself? Why not give the gift of luxury and relaxation with a spa day? It depends on your budget, but this could include: massages, facials, manicures, pedicures, food, mud bath, seaweed wrap etc. all wrapped into one glorious day.
13. How about getting out of town all together? Why not give the gift of a vacation? Is there someplace special your loved one would like to go? Paris, perhaps.
There you have it, a list of 13 best last minute gifts. Gifts that will last a life time and won’t get thrown away, broken, or forgotten.
What’s your favorite gift to give that isn’t an object?